Reprint of the Aadhaar map
UIDAI recently informed us via their Twitter account that “Dear resident, Aadhaar order reprint service has been discontinued, you can order Aadhaar PVC card online instead. You can also take an imprint of your e-Aadhaar if you wish. keep it in a flexible paper format. “
This implies that instead of reprinting an Aadhaar card in case of loss or update, Aadhaar card holders can now download the new version of the Aadhaar card called Aadhaar PVC card, which is convenient to carry in your wallet and offers a range of benefits and security features such as secure QR code, hologram, guilloche pattern, ghosting and micro-text.
As an important note for Aadhaar card holders who are going to download PVC version, UIDAI mentioned on their website that they order Aadhaar PVC card by paying Rs 50 / – (including GST and speed postage) , use your Aadhaar number / virtual identification. Number / EID for ordering Aadhaar card, and Aadhaar card comes with security features, i.e., digitally signed secure QR code, hologram, ghost, guilloche pattern, etc.
Anyone who wants to download Aadhaar PVC card must visit https://residentpvc.uidai.gov.in/order-pvcreprint.php and enter the required details such as their Aadhaar number, virtual ID or EID.
Aadhaar address validation letter
For Aadhaar cardholders who want to change their details in their Aadhaar database, UIDAI also recently tweeted that “Dear Resident, the address validation letter feature has been discontinued until further notice. Please request the update. update your address using another valid PoA document. “
Individuals can visit the Self-Service Update Portal (SSUP) or https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/ssup/ update their contact details online. On the UIDAI SSUP portal, they must click on the option “Proceed to update Aadhaar” and enter their 12-digit Aadhaar number. After that, they will get one-time password on their registered cell phone number and after verifying the same, their details in Aadhaar card will be changed successfully.
As an important note, UIDAI mentioned on its website that “For further updates such as head of household / guardian details or biometric update, the resident will need to go to Aadhaar Seva Kendra or the Center d ‘registration / update’. To update the address details in the Aadhaar card, individuals should and should keep in mind that their mobile phone number should be registered or linked to their Aadhaar number for OTP verification.
Or, they can also go to the nearest permanent registration center with proof of address if their cell phone number is not registered with Aadhaar. Besides English language, individuals can also update address details in any local language such as Assamese, Bengali, English, Gujarati, Hindi, Kannada, Malayalam , Marathi, Odia, Punjabi, Tamil, Telugu and Urdu.
After successfully submitting the change of address request, a person can visit https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/checkSSUPStatus/checkupdatestatus and enter its 12-digit Aadhaar number (UID) to check the status of the online demographic update request using the URN.
List of documents required to update the coordinates in the Aadhaar map
According to the official UIDAI website, below are the Proof of Address Documents (POA) from which anyone can be used to submit a change of address request.
- Bank statement / passbook
- Postal account statement / passbook
- Ration card
- Voter ID
- Driver’s license
- Government Photo ID Cards / Service Photo ID Card issued by PSU
- Electricity bill (no more than 3 months)
- Water bill (no more than 3 months)
- Fixed telephone bill (no more than 3 months)
- Property tax receipt (no more than one year)
- Credit card statement (no more than 3 months)
- Insurance policy
- Signed letter with photo of the bank on letterhead
- Letter signed with photo issued by the company registered on letterhead
- Signed letter bearing a photo issued by a recognized educational institution on letterhead or photo ID bearing an address issued by a recognized educational institution
- NREGA work card
- Weapons license
- Pensioner card
- Freedom fighter card
- Kissan’s notebook
- CGHS / ECHS card
- Certificate of address with photo issued by MP or MLA or MLC or Gazetted Officer or Tehsildar on UIDAI standard certificate format for registration / update
- Address certificate issued by Panchayat village chief or equivalent authority (for rural areas) on UIDAI standard certificate format for registration / update
- Income tax assessment order
- Vehicle registration certificate
- Registered sale / lease / rental agreement
- Address card with photo issued by the Post Office
- Certificate of caste and domicile with photo issued by the state government
- Disability Identity Card / Disabled Medical Certificate issued by respective State / UT governments / administrations
- Gas connection invoice (no more than 3 months)
- Spouse’s passport
- Parents’ passport (in case of minor)
- Letter of accommodation allocation issued by central / state government. (no more than 3 years)
- Government issued marriage certificate containing address
- Government issued Bhamashah Card / Jan-Aadhaar Card. from Rajasthan
- Certificate of the superintendent / director / matron / head of institution of recognized foster homes or orphanages, etc. on UIDAI standard certificate format for registration / update
- Certificate of address with photo issued by city councilor on UIDAI standard certificate format for registration / update
- Identity card issued by recognized educational institutions
- SSLC book with photo
- School identity card
- School leaving certificate (SLC) / School transfer certificate (TC), containing name and address
- Extract from school files containing the name, address and photograph issued by the school principal
- Identity certificate containing name, address and photo issued by a recognized educational institution signed by the director of the institute on the UIDAI standard certificate format for registration / update
- Identity certificate containing name, date of birth and photograph issued by employee provident fund organization (EPFO) on UIDAI standard certificate format for registration / update