Create your Spotlight Print Ad showcases via SendMyAd
A user-friendly SendMyAd interface lets you create a print ad in Spotlight Showcases format and view it instantly! Quickly make adjustments and view changes. Once the advertisement is submitted, it is sent to Food specialty magazine.
After you purchase your formatted ad from a sales rep, you can create it any time up until the issue’s deadline. To get started, go to https://specialtyfood.sendmyad.com to create an account or sign in using your existing account if you have one.
Gather your electronic files: product photo (see specs below), desired copy (Word file or suggested text) and follow these simple steps…the site will walk you through the process.
The deadline to create ads for Winter ’23 Specialty Food magazine is November 23.
STEP 1 – CREATE AN AD
Once connected to the site, from the dashboard screen (Welcome to Food specialty magazine advertising portal), click on Create an ad.
2ND STEP – PUBLICATION
Picking out Food specialty magazine in the publications drop-down menu.
STEP 3 – ANNOUNCEMENT MODEL (CATEGORY)
Click on the graphic template that corresponds to the desired category
- New product – Products that have been introduced to the market within 6 months of the next Winter Fancy Food Show 2023 (July 1, 2022) *Please note that we will check with you the product launch date
- Belonging to diversity – Exhibiting businesses owned by Women, Black, BIPOC, LGBTQ+, Veterans, or Persons with Disabilities
- food service – Products available for sale to catering channels (e.g. restaurants, hotels, stadiums and events, universities) Beverages – Ready-to-drink and non-ready-to-drink beverages
- Fresh and frozen – Packaged products generally offered in refrigerated or frozen sections.
- Grocery – Packaged products typically found in grocery store aisles in malls
- Seasonal and Holidays: Spring and summer for the winter show
STEP 4 – PROBLEM/ADVERTISER/COMPANY
(A) Select the scheduled number(s) and enter/type the advertiser’s name, then choose the business name listed on the insertion order.
(B) Type or select Contact Company from the drop-down menu.
STEP 5 – DOWNLOAD IMAGE Click on the Upload/Edit Image button to upload your product photo and scale/position in frame until you are happy with the placement.
DIGITAL IMAGE SPECIFICATIONS/REQUIREMENTS
- Product picture
- Minimum resolution: 300 dpi/ppi Image size: 1.50″ (w) x 1.50″ (h)
- File size limit: 3 MB maximum
- File format: TIFF or JPG
- Color: CMYK
For optimal reproduction, images should be of the specified size and resolution. You will receive a warning during download if the resolution and/or colors do not meet our specifications.
CLICK HERE FOR PICTURE TIPS
ENTRIES THAT DO NOT FOLLOW THE FORMAT INSTRUCTIONS WILL BE EDITED ACCORDINGLY.
STEP 6 – ENTER TEXT (PLEASE FOLLOW ALL INSTRUCTIONS)
Copy and paste or type your text in the required and optional fields (required fields marked with an asterisk*).
- *Product name: up to 30 characters
- *Company name: up to 40 characters
- *Body text: up to 280 characters
- *Phone number: up to 38 characters
- *Website: up to 35 characters
- *City, State: up to 30 characters
The character count must include spaces between words.
- Email address (up to 35 characters)
- Social Media 1 (up to 35 characters)
- Social Media 2 (up to 35 characters)
- sofi Gold or New Product Award; if won in the last 12 months (up to 30 characters)
- Upcoming Fancy Food Show booth number(s), if applicable (up to 20 characters)
The maximum number of characters and important instructions are displayed above each field. If you are pasting text, remove any extra line breaks or other unwanted spaces; all spaces in the field count as characters. As you click through each field to enter copy, the ad builds automatically – it may take several seconds to display. When your final entry is made, be sure to proofread your ad carefully for any spelling or typos and review the overall look.
STEP 7 – SUBMISSION
When you are sure the ad is complete and ready to submit, click the send to magazine button at the bottom left of the screen. Once you hit the submit button, the ad is set and exits the portal. Food specialty magazine will be automatically notified when you submit an ad. (Please do not call or email to confirm receipt/sending. If there are any issues, you will be contacted later.)
If you hit the Return button at the top left or close the window at any time before clicking the send to magazine button, your entries will NOT be saved!
Any advertisement created in the portal is deleted at the end of the session unless the send to magazine button is clicked.
Please contact Media Sales at 646.878.0137 or [email protected]
If the uploaded image is significantly smaller than the window:
Adjust the first dimension displayed in the white box on the left by typing a slightly larger size, then click inside the dimension box on the right to have the system automatically enlarge the image. This may take several seconds. Repeat as needed until the image is an appropriate size. Use the arrow keys above the image to reposition yourself slightly in the direction you want or use your mouse (if the mouse gets stuck on the image, release, click outside the image area and try again. Keep the image in the frame). The final image should effectively present your product to readers, so make sure all key parts of the photo are visible. Upload a different image if you think another will work better.
If the uploaded image is significantly larger than the window:
Click on the Fit image to frame and the system will automatically reduce the image. This may take several seconds. However, this may still not render the photo to the ideal size, so if necessary, adjust the first dimension displayed in the box on the far left by typing a slightly smaller (or slightly larger) size, then click there. inside the dimension box to the right to resize automatically. Repeat as needed until image size is good. Use the arrow keys above the photo to reposition slightly in the direction you want or use your mouse (if the mouse gets stuck on the image, release, click outside the image area and try again. Keep the image in frame.) The final image should effectively present your product to readers. So make sure that all critical parts of the photo are displayed. Choose and upload a different image if another is more appropriate.
If the uploaded image is the right size but needs to be cropped or positioned differently:
Use your mouse or the arrow keys above the image to reposition it slightly in the direction(s) you want.
Back to step 5