GAME ON – OLG needs you
We said GAME ON, and we really mean it – OLG is rapidly transforming its organization to better serve Ontarians by delivering great gaming experiences through our digital, retail lottery and land-based casino channels. In our 2019-20 fiscal year alone, OLG reported net income of over $ 2.3 billion in the province of Ontario. OLG is expanding its horizons even further, with a new strategic direction, to become a global leader in gaming entertainment with a digital platform admired globally.
As a valued member of the National Draw Based Products & Operations department, the Head of promotions, supports the overall strategy, development and execution of the annual promotions plan for draw and snapshot portfolios to meet consumption and revenue KPIs.
YOUR ROLE IN THE GAME
Reporting to the Draw Games Director, the Promotions Manager will be empowered to:
- Develop a strategy, briefs and its own promotional calendar for the entire Draws portfolio. Manage a third-party agency on securing partnerships and creative development
- Lead the development of new product promotion partnership opportunities with high penetration and large scale brands to conduct trials with new consumers, including creative development and media support
- Lead the development and execution of the new lottery terminal promotion capability in collaboration with CX, Marcom and Trade Marketing
- Manage OLG’s execution of national promotions (i.e. 6/49 Super Prints, Daily Big Prints) in conjunction with cross-functional partners on media, creative, retail activations and support ‘OLG.ca
- Collaborate with Brand & Trade Marketing teams on the development and execution of product specific revenue generating activations for partner programs (e.g. Raptors, Maple Leafs)
- Collaborate with Trade Marketing on key account promotion activations, including new product support
- Collaborate with the Trade Marketing and Media agency on the execution of media promotions (i.e. Jackpot Radio)
- Define, monitor and report on program KPIs with support from the Enterprise Analytics team
- Manage the overall budget for promotions and partnerships
- Participate in instant planning and brainstorming ideas for tax programs by proposing program and vendor options for consideration
- Development and management of category and product promotional programs, including program overviews, approvals, coordination with external vendors, and execution and post-evaluations
- Coordination of all program activations such as Plinko & The Big Spin Wheel Tours, second chance draws (e.g. holiday giveaways) and loyalty offers for brands including product management, merchandise and prices
- Collaborate with Marcom & Social teams for activation programs to prepare instant coupon or voucher offers while ensuring compliance with AGCO standards
WHAT YOU NEED TO PLAY
- Professional experience: 5+ years of relevant experience in a similar role
- Education: University degree in business, marketing or related field
- Awareness: Knowledge of marketing principles including consumer / retail promotions, merchandising, sales / retail channels, market research
- Skills: Agency, project and budget management
- Results oriented: Strategic thinker, good communicator, effective problem solver, takes initiative and is creative
- Collaborator of the results campaign: Respected leader and relationship builder who demonstrates trust and integrity
- Assets: Knowledge of lottery products and services and / or media and creative production
BENEFITS OF JOINING THE TEAM
Part of a larger image: socially responsible company that gives all its profits back to the province and the people of Ontario
Flexible working environment: to help balance work and life
You count: family-friendly work practices and remote working
Freedom to innovate: supports new and better ways to be successful
Be your authentic self: environment that values diversity as a source of strength
Learning galore: 24/7 access to robust online learning programs
Public service pension plan: participate in a large defined benefit pension plan sponsored by the Government of Ontario
Variable compensation program: performance-based incentives to share our success
Learn About OLG – GAME ON!
OLG’s goal is to contribute to a better Ontario by providing great entertainment experiences to its customers. We are a multi-billion dollar organization with a wide range of business lines including lottery, land-based casinos, digital lottery and casino, horse racing and charity gaming. OLG is at the heart of a massive transformation to be customer-obsessed and take our digital business to a whole new level.
The key to our success is our people. Our culture will be founded on genuine, positive partnerships that embrace trust, clarity and openness in everything we do. We support and empower employees and teams across the organization through greater accountability, leadership development and growth opportunities. OLG is embracing more flexible work options and family-friendly work practices, including remote working.
Equity, diversity and inclusion are essential elements of our culture, the cornerstone of our values of respect, integrity, stewardship and excellence. At OLG, our employees have the opportunity to be themselves and use their perspectives and skills for the benefit of the people and the province of Ontario.
As we reshape and grow our business, we are unwavering when it comes to living our purpose and ensuring our business delivers meaningful results. benefits for the people of Ontario. OLG’s net profits are reinvested in the province, contributing to the quality of life of Ontarians. To learn more about OLG, visit our website at www.olg.ca.
We look forward to hearing from you. Interested candidates should apply online before November 8, 2021.
OLG is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing employment accommodations in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Please contact Human Resources at [email protected] if you require accommodations at any time during the hiring process.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.