- You can convert video to MP3 file using Adobe Media Encoder, which can help you save storage space on your device.
- You can download any YouTube video as an MP3 file using any number of websites, but make sure it is legally allowed to download it.
- Most YouTube converting sites are not trustworthy, so use them at your own discretion.
- Visit Insider’s Technical Reference Library for more stories.
Converting a video file to MP3 format is useful if you just want to record audio from video. This can be useful if you’re trying to listen to a video podcast, for example, and you don’t need the visual component. It also saves you a ton of storage space as MP3s are much smaller files than media with video.
Here is how to convert video to MP3 using Adobe Media Encoder.
How to Convert Video to MP3 Using Adobe Media Encoder
You can download a free trial version of Abode Media Encoder from its product page on the Adobe website.
1. Open Adobe Media Encoder.
2. Drag and drop the video file you want to convert into the queue window.
3. Click the drop-down arrow and select the MP3 format.
4. Click on the blue text under Output file to choose the location where you want to save the file.
5. Click it green play button in the upper right corner to convert your file.
Converting YouTube Videos to MP3 Using Third Party Website
The legality of converting YouTube video to MP3 depends on the video you are using. If this is your own video, in the public domain, not protected by copyright, or if you have the written permission of the owner, you must be in the clear. You cannot legally convert a copyrighted video without the permission of the owner.
Be careful when using any website to convert YouTube videos to MP3. These websites are generally untrustworthy and may try to infect your computer with malware without you doing anything or trying to trick you into installing
. We strongly recommend that you do not use these website services. Your best defense against these issues is to avoid these websites altogether.
If you choose to use one, it’s best to make sure you’re using reliable and up-to-date antivirus software, such as Microsoft Defender or Malwarebytes. Using an ad blocker can also help you avoid malicious pop-up ads.