A bit about DAILY Blooms
DAILY Blooms is about finding beauty in everyday life.
Growing from a business bud in 2014 to now a thriving team of flower enthusiasts, we are the premier experts at letting flowers bloom every day with fresh, premium, beautifully selected bouquets that change daily. Your local online florist that makes the experience easy, accessible and enjoyable.
Our range has recently expanded on all fronts; now delivering our signature flowers across Australia, along with a range of other carefully selected gifts and treats to brighten up the everyday.
We pride ourselves on providing a smooth and joyful experience for our customers – and we reflect this in our working environment as well.
A bit about the role
This is an exciting opportunity to step into the shoes of our exceptional Digital Content Manager, Rachel, for a fixed term while she is on maternity leave. Reporting to the Director of Growth and Strategy, you will have creative license and work directly with the Founder and the wider management team, to drive brand awareness, consumer engagement and product development .
We are looking for someone who is enthusiastic about taking ownership of their work end-to-end, from concept to execution and launch. This means everything from product development, styling and execution of photoshoots, to marketing campaigns and rolling out digital and print media.
To succeed in this role, you must have at least 3 years of experience working for an e-commerce brand, as well as extraordinary graphic design skills and strong marketing knowledge.
If you worked here in the last month, here are some of the things you could have done:
- Conceptualized, designed and shot content for 2-3 EDM campaigns each week, aiming to achieve business goals and constantly drive consumer and user engagement.
- Mood-boarding, setting up and executing a photo shoot for the launch of a limited edition product; editing and reusing this photograph for all digital platforms – all in less than 48 hours so the product can be deployed on a tight timeline.
- Supported our Social Media Coordinator, Jocelyn, in managing our Instagram feed and generating eye-catching content to showcase the Daily Blooms brand and achieve our strategic goals.
- Content suitable for Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest & Adroll advertising.
- Brainstorming and pitching to our leadership team fresh and unique content ideas for an upcoming brand partnership.
- Creating beautiful content including website banners, product images, icons and graphics for our website.
- Develop and design limited edition packaging, such as labels, stickers and packaging solutions, for our range of gifts or flowers.
- Worked with our advertising partners to create a bank of images and copies to promote limited edition products, core collections and giveaways.
- Planning and execution of a collaborative or organic giveaway on our social platforms to promote engagement and grow our customer base.
- Work closely with our P&C, Operations and Florist Managers to create internal newsletters and branded materials for the Daily Blooms team.
Let’s talk about you
You sure know your way
You are comfortable using Photoshop, Lightroom, Illustrator, InDesign and Premiere Pro to bring your work to life. You have a natural flair for beautiful design and apply it to layout, typography, imagery and brand messaging.
You’re multidisciplinary in your digital and print design output, so you’re just as comfortable bringing video content to life as you are with things like GIFs, beautiful editorial images, and print media.
You have experience working with Klaviyo and have in-depth knowledge of designing and optimizing email marketing campaigns to achieve a high conversion rate while being visually appealing.
You are one of a kind
You understand the true purpose of the content you post and can confidently captivate an audience with a brand story. The way you communicate cuts through the busy world of content to differentiate DB from its competitors, through USPs, creativity, innovation and individuality. You think conceptually and apply “The Bigger Picture” thinking to your work.
You also appreciate that pressure creates diamonds – and know that working on multiple projects in the space of a day is key to consistently releasing fresh new products and content for our audience.
You like good deals.
You know that to deliver exceptional digital content, organization is key. You’re familiar with content-planning apps and an EDM spreadsheet, but you also appreciate that sometimes the best shots happen on the spur of the moment.
You’re an innovative entrepreneur who identifies incredible opportunities for our brand on social media and IRL, and you’re not afraid to pitch an exciting new idea to the team and bring it to life. When you see an opportunity in the social calendar, you seize it!
You’re not afraid to get your hands dirty.
You understand that behind the scenes, it’s never as glamorous as it seems. You’re willing to roll up your sleeves to help in any way necessary – and understand that in a small business, that can include helping out with other areas and departments of the business. You like to mix everything up from day to day and throw yourself headlong.
Stop, collaborate and listen.
You enjoy working with like-minded people, brands and influencers to create exciting growth opportunities and grow our online community. You have your finger on the pulse and a keen interest in the things other influential brands are doing in different industries, using them as inspiration for new content suitable for Daily Blooms.
You also value the opportunity to work collaboratively with colleagues within our company to develop comprehensive and informed content for our clients.
Why should you work with us
- A bright, lively and flowery environment
- Team discounts on flowers and gifts
- Collaborative, fun and inclusive team culture
- You will be a key part of a rapidly growing company where the possibilities for career progression are endless and no two days are ever the same!
- Kensington location with ample parking, easily accessible by public transport and close to cafes
- Sometimes there are dogs
- Remote work arrangements available
- We have a full calendar of fun team events throughout the year
If you love design and enjoy a fast-paced work environment where you have complete creative freedom, this position is for you!
To apply, please email [email protected] with your Portfolio, Resume & Cover Letter describing your skills and experience applicable to this position; show your ability to fulfill the role.
Note: your portfolio is paramount to this application, please include only your best and most relevant work!
Due to the high number of applications expected, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.